I have a few journal entries from the time I left my abusive relationship. Even though the others are full of all the horrible things he did to me, somehow this one breaks my heart the most. I guess it shows how much I’ve missed out on, relationship-wise, and what I so desperately wanted the relationship to be, but never was.
- I shouldn’t have shouted at you
- I shouldn’t have sworn at you
- I’m sorry for treating you like that, there is no excuse
- You are so beautiful
- I think you are amazing
- I am going to go get real help
- I’m so sorry I made you feel afraid of me
- You should be able to feel safe and secure in a relationship
- How can I make it up to you?
- I understand if you need some space
- I screwed up, I’m an idiot
- Can you forgive me?